Friday, May 29, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Somehow, I ended up with a cold this week. I can't really complain, since this is the first real cold I've had in over a year. I have had a cold threatening a few times, but I have been able to fight it off. This one wasn't too bad, but I felt pretty yucky. When I lived in Chicago, I used to get many, many colds every year and they were all really bad ones. Since I've moved to the South, I get them infrequently, which I love!

I'm feeling better today, just a little run down. I went out to lunch yesterday with my Aunt Louise, who is here visiting from Florida, my mom, my sister, and niece, Tatum. We went to Sal's, my favorite Italian restaurant and it was delicious, as always. This is the same restaurant Mike, the kids and I went to for Mother's Day.

CUP is in Philly with his girlfriend, Janine, so I have been busy all week, doing all the kid deliveries! Of course, this happened to be an extremely busy week for Alex, so I have spent a lot of time on the road or in the car, waiting for someone. Yesterday was really nuts, first the lunch, then I had to pick Alex up from choir practice, take him to Musical Theater class rehearsal, wait for him, take him from there to his Barnum performance, go home, pick Hannah and her friend up, drop them at the middle school to watch their friends in a band performance, pick them up and bring them home, cook a quick dinner, and then head out to pick Alex up from Barnum. Not counting the time gone for the lunch, I was basically out of the house from 3:15 until 11:00! There wasn't a whole lot of time to do much else.

Today will be a little better, but not much. I already took Steven to work, I have to pick Shauna up from school in a few minutes, so I can take her shopping for a dress for her 5th grade graduation. Alex is at Busch Gardens for a choir field trip, so I have to grab Shauna, pick Alex up early from Busch, take him to his Musical Theater class rehearsal (the last one, yay!), wait for him to finish, get him something to eat, drop him off at Barnum, then take Shauna shopping for the dress and shoes, and then pick Alex up after Barnum.

Tomorrow, Hannah has the same choir competition that Alex was in today and the same Busch Gardens trip. For her, I only have to drop her at school in the morning and then pick her up at night. Mike is coming home from Las Vegas Saturday at 8:30 am and I will probably be picking him up, as well. I really wish gas prices were less!

No comments: