Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I didn't quit yet!

This will be a very quick update, just to let everyone know how things are going with my new job. Thanks to all of you who commented with such encouraging messages! I really appreciated them. Yesterday was my first day and it was a slow day, kid-wise, because it was President's Day and a lot of the parents were off. That worked out perfectly for me because I was able to really ease into things. I felt a little awkward at first, not knowing the routine, but by the end of the day, I was doing pretty well. By the end of today, I had really fallen into the rhythm of things! The two ladies in the infant room with me are very nice and we all mesh really well. I was a little worried about fitting in with them, since they've known each other for a while, but it has been great.

So, the ladies and babies were great, but I was EXHAUSTED when I got home the first day. I take that back, I was EXHAUSTED for the last hour and a half of work. I'm not talking about regular exhaustion here (hence the capital letters!). I am talking absolute bone-aching exhaustion! My feet were killing me, I was getting cramps throughout my feet, toes, and legs. My back was sore and my hamstrings were hurting. I was barely able to lift myself into my van!

The rest of the week was a bit better. I was still sore on Friday, but a lot less. Who thought working full time would be a good idea for me??? I love the job, but it is much, much, much harder than I thought it would be. The job is harder than I thought it would be, but manageable. The part I'm having the hardest time with is being away from the house for 10 hours a day. When I get home, I am so tired that I can't even think straight. I fall asleep an hour or two after I get home, so I really don't get to spend much time with the kids at all. I keep telling myself that things will get better, once I'm used to everything and have been doing it for a while. I hope I am right! I just never expected to have such a hard time with this, emotionally.

No comments: