Friday, April 24, 2009

Garage Sale

I'm in a hurry because I am busy pricing things for a garage sale tomorrow. I found out yesterday that my sister's subdivision is having a neighborhood sale. I asked her if I could bring some stuff because the kids and I had been planning to do a garage sale to benefit the Reece's Rainbow Adoption Ministry. Since our driveway is a steep hill, a garage sale at our place isn't possible. This didn't leave me much time to prepare, but I got as much as I could together, spending the entire day today, doing nothing but that.

Alex, Hannah, and Shauna asked if they could do a lemonade stand/bake sale to raise money for RR. I asked my sister, earlier today, if it was okay and she said yes and that her daughter would like to do it, too. I just got off the phone with her and she told me that she wants to split the money because her daughter doesn't want to donate hers to the orphans. I would be so ashamed of my kids if they acted like that. I told my kids about it and they were shocked and upset. Hopefully my kids will be a good influence on her tomorrow and she will change her mind. We'll see.

Please keep your fingers crossed for a good turn out and lots of sales!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I can't wait to hear how it turns out tomorrow! Maybe Nick will drive down for it; you know he has a tough time passing up a good garage sale...especially for such a good cause!

I'm trying really hard to keep my mouth shut about the lemonade stand/bake sale thing. I'm sure you know what I'm thinking, though! Ugh...

Lking said...

That is awesome that your kids want to donate the money to orphans!!! May God Bless you and Them.
Make a lot of money!!!