Friday, June 26, 2009

Trip Update

Yay! I have a few minutes to blog. Remember I said I would have to wrestle Denise for computer time because she is a wee bit addicted? Well, I decided that trickery would work even better. I told her that there was a big truck outside that said "Facebook" on the side and she ran to the window to look. I scooted into the kitchen real quick and took over her computer! I have to type really fast, before she figures out it was a trick! Okay, I am exaggerating just a bit because Denise is disabled and can't really run, she actually jumped onto her Hoveround and drove over to the window! Jut kidding about that, too, since she is too stubborn to get a Hoveround. I have been trying to talk her into getting one for years because they look like so much fun!

We are having a good trip. Yesterday was a little stressful, with the heat and some drama with Steven, but today has been much better. The A/C is fixed and we got to go thrift store shopping. We picked up some good bargain clothes for the kids and prevented Hannah from exploding at the same time! She had been very anxious to go to the thrift store and that is putting it mildly. She has been asking and texting me about it since we got here. Yes, texting me from the same room at times. We decided that we had better go before she exploded.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm still laughing about the Facebook Truck!! Do you really think I'm addicted? Me??

I do NOT need a Hoveround, thank you very much!!! Now you sound like Nick!

You know...last time you brought your own computer. Since we have a shortage here at the Hotel, maybe you should consider bringing it again next time...along with all the food, paper products, and other housewares!

Mom of 7 said...

You DO need a Hoveround! Nick and I had a long conversation about it one time. I even pointed one out that was for sale in Williamsburg. He said he would buy it, but he knew you wouldn't use it!

I don't have my own computer! That was Mike's work computer, so I only get to use that if I bring Mike along.