Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Washington DC

Shauna is on her 5th grade trip to Washington DC today. She was so excited this morning. We had to get up at 4:30 to have her and her friend, Sydney, to the school by 5:30. I hope they don't run into any bad weather, as I can hear storms rumbling to the west of us and I know some severe weather is expected for many parts of Virginia today. They are planning to arrive back at the school at about 7:30 tonight.

Yesterday, when she got home from school, Shauna wasn't feeling well. She had a head ache and was sneezing like crazy. We couldn't tell if she was coming down with something or if it was allergies, but no matter what, she felt crappy. She was so worried that she would have to miss the trip. She has been taking Claritin for allergies, but on the pediatrician's advice, I had bought some Zrytec, so she took that last night. I guess it worked because she felt better this morning. I gave her some ibuprofen before she left and gave her chaperone some more for later in the day, so I'm hoping she didn't run into any problems.

No comments: