Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Uh-oh

When I went to pick Shauna and Sydney up after their DC trip, their chaperone told me that Shauna hadn't needed to take the ibuprofen I provided. I was so relieved because I had been worried all day that she might be feeling sick on the trip. Then I saw Shauna and we started walking back to the car. She told me that she wasn't feeling well and that her neck was hurting. Ugh! We got home and took her temperature and it was 102.9! To be fair to the chaperone, she didn't look like she was sick at all and Shauna didn't say anything to her, so there was no way she could have known she was sick. I couldn't even tell when I saw her. I gave her a dose of ibuprofen as soon as we got home and her temp came down a little, although it is still 101.6. I'm kind of worried about the sore neck, thinking possible meningitis, but I have been checking her every few minutes and she said her neck is not sore anymore. I would think if it were meningitis, it wouldn't stop hurting. She is going to sleep in my bed tonight so I can keep a close eye on her, but I'm thinking she has the flu. I'm going to take her to the doctor tomorrow for a flu test.

2 comments:

Firedancer717 said...

This is so weird to read because I have JUST come from my parents room where my mom told me danny has a high temp as well! ugh! i hope Shauna feels better soon!

The Accidental Mommy said...

OH no, maybe it is she that got the swine flu instead of Luke.
Ugh, either way, flu is awful awful stuff. Hope it is just a passing quick sort of thing. Good luck!