Friday, June 20, 2008

Book Jackpot!

I went to the library today because Alex and Hannah wanted to see the play Bloody Poetry that Backstage After Dark was putting on.  Shauna went with me and she played in the kid's section of the library until the play was over.  Her friend, Cierra, who lives right across the street from the library was there with her sisters and so they all had a great time.  They used the computers and played with the blocks and toys, while I shopped for books and read.  It was so nice for Shauna because Cierra was her best friend in school last year.  Then our subdivision got redistricted and they aren't together any more.  

I found a book that had healthy recipes for kids and I copied several down (since this was a check out only book!) that I plan to make this summer.  

As my family and friends know, I am blacklisted from the library.  Well, okay, not truly blacklisted, but I have banned myself and my kids from getting any books out of the library.  We always lose them or forget to return them, etc.  It is just way too much stress.  Even the times we do keep track of them, I am worried the whole time we have them that something will happen.

So.....I only get books at the ongoing used book sale at the library or I get them from my friend, Debbie.  She is as obsessed with reading as I am and we love the same kind of books, so it works out great.  

I came home with the following stash and only spent $12:

9 Hardcovers (even though I prefer paperback) and 6 paperbacks.

Bloodlines by Dinah McCall
The Healer by Sharon Sala (Dinah McCall is another name this author uses)
Gone by Lisa Gardener
Pandora's Daughter and Countdown by Iris Johansen
Without a Doubt by Marcia Clark
Irish Country Childhood by Marie Walsh (Not a book I would typically get, but it looked good)
Hurricane by Karen Harper (New author I haven't read yet)
The Burnt House by Faye Kellerman
Killing Orders by Sara Paretsky
Hunting Fear by Kay Hooper
Snow Blind by P. J. Tracy (new author I haven't read yet)
The following by Sue Grafton, from her alphabet series:
G, H & I (3 in one book)
T
D, E & F (3 in one book)  I can't remember what each letter stood for and since it is 2 am, I'm too lazy to get up and check.

That's it for now, I should be in bed, reading!!!!!!

No comments: