Friday, June 20, 2008

History

I went through some posts on a Yahoo group that I started many, many years ago. I realized that I had some interesting things posted there, mostly funny things the kids said or did when they were little. I thought I would post them here, to preserve them.

This one was posted in 2001, but actually happened in late 1996 or early 1997.

I was laughing when I saw this post because you
said your daughter is anxious to get another "brown
baby". Before we got our daughter, Hannah, I was talking
about getting a new foster baby soon and my son, Luke,
who was four at that time, kept insisting that we
only get a baby boy. He told me that if we got a girl,
he wouldn't hold it or kiss it or even love it! Soon
after, 8 day old Hannah was placed with us and he fell
head over heels in love with her. He treated and still
treats her like she is his little glass princess! When
she was about a month old and he was holding and
kissing her constantly, I said, "Hey Luke, I thought you
said you didn't want any baby girls, and you wouldn't
hold, or kiss, or love them". He looked at me very
seriously and said, "Moooooooom, I meant I didn't want any
white baby girls, I only love brown ones!". And now
that we have two brown baby girls, he still wants
more.

No comments: