Saturday, February 7, 2009

Me and my big mouth

Oh great, I jinxed us! Yesterday, I was talking to my mom on the phone. Hannah had been home from school on Thursday and Friday. She had bad stomach aches, along with an occasional headache. I told my mom that we were really lucky this winter (yes, I did knock on wood, since I was standing in front of the fireplace mantel, trying to get warm). Winter is almost over here and we hadn't had any illness to speak of, other than a couple of colds.

Fast forward to last night, as poor Luke spends the entire night vomiting. I felt so bad for him, he really had a hard time of it. He is feeling slightly better today, as the vomiting has stopped and he was able to hold down applesauce, water, and toast. I told him he had to be on the AT diet because he can't do the BRAT diet, since he is severely allergic to bananas and doesn't like rice!

We are running around spraying Oust and Lysol like crazy and everyone is banned from the bathroom Luke has been using. I'm not dumb enough to think that on one else is going to get it, but I'm determined to keep it as contained as possible.

3 comments:

Lking said...

I hope the rest of you stay well. My daughter has had it and out of school part of the week along with several other teachers. It seems like when one germ gets started, it simply spreads everywhere.
Hope Luke is feeling better by now.
God Bless You All!

Denise said...

Poor Luke! I hope he feels better soon and that no one else gets it!!

Mom of 7 said...

Thank you, Laura and Denise. Lukey is feeling better today and so far, no one else is sick.