Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Today's super-mini rage

When Hannah got home from school, she came in, handed me the mail, all sweetly, went to the bathroom and ran back outside. Hmm, she's grounded. I left it alone for about 10 minutes and then I went outside and saw her with two of her friends. I called her in and she actually listened. Of course, she wanted me to say she could get off her grounding. Anyway, long story short, she actually goofed around about it with me, as I jokingly imitated her. We were both laughing and she seemed to accept the fact that she wasn't getting off the grounding. Then suddenly she started to cry and then she hit me in the arm and ran upstairs. Oy. About 10 minutes later, she came halfway down the stairs and called out, "I'm sorry, Mom".

So far, so good, as far as the grounding goes. It's usually a lot worse than this and she usually would have had a huge rage by now, so I'm pretty pleased. We will see how tomorrow goes.

1 comment:

Lking said...

Grounding is tougher on you than her, I'm sure!! But it has to be done occasionally, doesn't it?

Maybe it won't get bad this time.

God Bless!!!