Friday, March 6, 2009

The large appliance poltergeist is back

Well, my cook top still hasn't been replaced since the fire a few months back. Now the top oven stopped working. Yup, right in the middle of baking the Snowflake cookies. I have a double oven, which I love, but they are smaller than a regular oven, so I need two for our large family. I rarely ever use only one, but when I do, it is always the upper one, so it does make sense for it to go first.

Still, they don't make things like they used to because it is only 8 1/2 years old. When we lived in Oak Forest, our oven was original to the house, which was built in 1961 and it worked just fine. When we moved in, the oven was getting ready to celebrate its 30th birthday, for pete's sake. This stupid oven hasn't even made it to double digits yet.

No comments: