Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Repeat after me, please no strep, no strep, no strep, no strep...

The school nurse called today for me to pick Hannah up early because she has a sore throat. Hannah gets a lot of sore throats, which I think are phantom pains, related to her health issues. I asked the nurse if she really thought it was bad enough to bring her home and she told me that tons of kids have strep in the school. She said Hannah's throat wasn't "icky", but that doesn't mean she doesn't have it. She also told me that normally Hannah comes to her office only once during the day for throat spray and today she came twice. Hannah also complained to me about a sore throat after school yesterday. I still think she could have stuck in out another hour and a half at school, but I didn't want to push that with the nurse. When you use tough love, some school nurses tend to think the parents just don't care, especially if they are adoptive parents. This nurse doesn't have a history of that, but you never know. Just one more thing adoptive parents have to worry about, being accused of treating bio kids better than adopted!

Ugh. I am leaving in a few days and do not want a strep invasion. CUP already has a cold and I am hoping not to get that. Even more than not wanting to get sick myself, I don't want any of the kids to be sick while I'm gone. I would rather be sick myself than to have to worry about them being at home and sick without me!

1 comment:

The Accidental Mommy said...

nooooooooooo
not strep nooooooo
My daughter had it in October for the first time, it took 3 rounds of antibiotics. Got it again, and took 2 rounds.
BAAAAAAAAAAAd stuff that strep.
nooooooooooo!!!