Thursday, September 18, 2008

I'm Back!

I haven't been posting for the past few days just because I didn't feel like it. I actually had a few bad days, pain-wise, and I was pretty discouraged. The last two days have been better.

Hannah had a pretty big rage on Saturday and a HUGE one on Sunday. Part of my pain setback was due to the bruises I received during her rage, on my arms and legs. I have never had bruises that were so painful and hope to never have them again. I had to take Ibuprofen around the clock for 5 days, just to cut the pain from the bruises. Jack and Mike were also kicked and punched, but aside from one big bruise on Mike's leg, they emerged pretty much injury free. I don't feel like going into details about the rages, too depressing.

Hannah is now grounded for a week and she is having a fit because she is invited to a sleep-over birthday party for one of her friends on Saturday and she can't go. I hope that doesn't cause another rage. She was a witch with a capital B on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, but was a bit better behaved to day.

2 comments:

Denise said...

I'm so glad you're back. It was really boring without you.

Sorry about Hannah's rage. I know how much it hurt to get beat up by a 2yo; I can't even imagine dealing with an older kid, especially one as strong as Hannah. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Mom of 7 said...

Thanks, Denise!

I remember getting beat up by her when she was a year and a half and that was painful, too. I used to be bruised and have bloody teeth marks. At least she doesn't bite anymore, knock on wood.

I lied to two people today when they asked me how on earth I got those horrible bruises all over me. Well, it was more a stretching of the truth. I really was dizzy with my new meds and I did really walk into a table, but the scrape came from that, not the bruises.