Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Light bulbs and bare feet

One of the things about Hannah is that she just CANNOT learn by warnings or by seeing mistakes made by others. She has to experience something herself before she will believe it. Even then, she might have to experience it many times before she truly believes.

Last night she came downstairs with a bath towel wrapped around her foot and told me she had stepped on broken glass in her room, but that she had pulled the glass out and her foot was bleeding. I was so proud of her for handling it so calmly, no tears or anything. At first we thought it was glass from Shauna's snow globe which had broken the night before, but upon further investigation, it was a light bulb.

Hannah always takes the light bulbs out of her ceiling fan light when they burn out. She also never throws them away, just leaves them wherever they happen to land. If we are lucky that would be on the dresser or a shelf, but more often than not, they end up on the floor. I asked her if she learned anything about light bulbs and she said she sure did!

She went off to school this morning, but ended up coming home about 10:00 because her foot was hurting. I'm still up in the air about taking her to the doctor to have it checked out. It doesn't look too deep, but since it is on the bottom of her foot, it might have trouble healing.

1 comment:

Denise said...

How is her foot now? I can't even imagine stepping on a broken light bulb! Ouch!

This reminded me of when Ian got his head stuck in the pantry doors and nearly strangled himself. Nick said, "Well he won't do that again!" Yeah, right!!! He did it again the next day!

At any rate, I hope that Hannah doesn't put any more light bulbs on the floor!