Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thank God and Greyhound they're gone!

Just kidding, but that song tends to pop into my head every once in a while! It is an old country western song that I thought was hysterical when I was a kid. Anyway, the four youngest kids are off to their first day of school. Hannah was up early today because she was so excited and she got ready without any fuss or tantruming. How I wish I could count on her to act like that every morning! Shauna looked so pretty with her new braids, I'm going to try to remember to take pictures after school, since I totally forgot this morning.

Mike left for the DMV with Luke at 7:45 am, only to find out that it doesn't even open until 9:00. So they waited and Luke almost didn't pass the eye exam. He has an appointment next week for new contacts. He had to take it twice, but he squeaked through. He also passed the written test so he won't have to drop driver's ed this semester. Jack and Steven are going up to DC to pick up a used car for Luke that one of Mike's co-workers is selling. I will be so happy when all the older boys are driving and they all have drivable cars. It will be a huge help to me. Steven is busy paying us off for the months we had to make his car payments and insurance payments, but when he gets that paid off, he is going to start saving for a new transmission for his car.

No comments: