Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ice cream and brownies for dinner

The homemade vanilla ice cream came out great! We made 3 quarts and ate 1 quart while it was still soft-serve, directly out of the ice cream maker. We put 2 quarts in the freezer for later. It was yummy! As we were all sampling the ice cream and waiting for the brownies to cool, Alex said that he hadn't eaten dinner yet. That made me realize that none of us had eaten dinner! I had forgotten all about it. I had tried to talk Jack and Alex into making english muffin pizzas around 5:00, but they didn't want to. After that, I just forgot about it. Great parenting here! Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

I can't wait to try some more ice cream flavors, especially peppermint stick, which is my favorite and I haven't had it in several years. I guess the 12 pounds that I lost since I tore my hamstring will be rushing right back to join their friends!

No comments: