Thursday, August 28, 2008

Only one open house today, yay!

The elementary school open house was a breeze. Shauna only has two teachers this year, so we were in and out in no time. Her main teacher has had both Alex and Hannah, so we know him fairly well and she will only be switching classes for math. Her math teacher seems really nice and gave Hannah a huge hug, even though Hannah didn't have her last year. I was surprised that she even knew Hannah.

I had a talk with the kids in the van on the way home about their snotty attitudes. Okay, the truth is I yelled at them. I have had a very hard time integrating myself back into the family after a month of virtually being alone in my room. The kids have really only been coming in and spending time with me in the last week and a half or so. They have grown used to doing pretty much what they want since I wasn't around to say anything. They are not responding well to having my input.

No comments: