Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Ooops, I just found this post in my drafts. I think I was waiting for the Halloween pictures before posting it, but here it is, better late than never!

Halloween was pretty uneventful this year. The weather was gorgeous. Sunny and warm during the day, in the upper 60's. It got a slightly chilly when the sun went down, but a light jacket was plenty.

No costume meltdowns this year, luckily. Hannah usually changes her mind about her costume at least 20 times, including after we have already bought one. She did very well this year, as we bought costumes early, so I expected the worst. The worst thing that happened was that the straps broke off of Shauna's costume and I couldn't find a needle, so I had to staple them back on. Hey, it worked!

The girls didn't want us to go trick-or-treating with them, even though Mike was home this year. So, Mike, Jack and I sat on the front porch and I gave out the candy. At first, we had hardly any kids in the neighborhood, which was weird because last year was wall-to-wall kids all night. I think because it was a Friday, a lot of people were having parties. Traffic picked up after about a half hour and then it was pretty steady until 8:00. Shauna went off with her friends, Sydney, Shannon and Kayla. Hannah went out with her friend Larkinya and her two brothers and one of their friends. Alex went with his friends, Samantha and Brittany and they hooked up with a huge bunch of other kids along the way.


No comments: