Friday, October 24, 2008

The End of an Era

I've never posted videos before, mainly because I didn't have any! I hope I can figure this out.

Video #1: The first video is of Luke and Drew, playing their last game. They are both in black jerseys, Drew is #28 and I think he has white pants. Luke is #19 and he has red pants with black knees. You can also hear Steven commenting in the background.






Video #2: This video shows part one of a small fight. Four people are sent to the penalty box, two on each team, including Steven. Steven is wearing the black jersey with yellow shoulders.







Video #3: The third video is part two of the fight and resulting penalties. There is a bit of swearing in this video, so if kids are around, you might not want to play it! Hockey players LOVE the "F" word. Keep in mind that the penalty boxes are right on either side of my score booth. I'm used to the swearing and arguments that go on between players, when they are sent in at the same time. It isn't unusual to have them throwing things at each other or getting into a fist fight right behind my booth. I was crushed up against the score table and hit in the head with a hockey stick during one fight and Mike was hit in the head with a thrown helmet, during another, just to name a few. Hmmm, when I look at it like that, I can't believe I loved that job so much!!! You can hear me, in the background, yelling "that's enough" and "stop". One of the players, who is yelling at Steven and his teammate is my friend, Bart's son, Cory. On the video you can only hear what is being yelled from one penalty box, not the responses coming from the other. You can also hear my friends, Stephanie D. and Scott V. teasing the players about getting kicked out of the league!







Video #4: The last hockey goal ever scored at WISC!


1 comment:

Denise said...

Wow, your videos came out really well! I always do mine through Photobucket and they come out dark.

Did your kids decide what they're going to do about hockey now?