Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fire Pit

Mike has been working on clearing a section of the woods in the backyard to make a fire pit. He found a section with no trees and cleared all the brush (mostly what look like tiny wild blueberries). He mulched the entire area and has started to collect large rocks to make a ring. He could only find enough rocks to go about a quarter of the way around, so we will have to continue to work on that.

We had a fire last night and all the kids who were home participated, except Jack. Two of the kid's friends came as well. We roasted two bags of marshmallows and it was nice and pretty relaxing. I thought for sure the dog would burn his tail off, but he managed to get through it with no injuries. I think we need some light out there, though, Mike tripped on the rocks and was lucky to be able to catch himself before he fell into the fire!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Okay, you nearly gave me a heat attack! For some reason, my eyes went to the second paragraph before the first, and I thought you had another fire!!!

Now that I'm over that...a fire pit sounds great!