Saturday, October 11, 2008

We got to DC!

We got here safely and the kids were almost perfect in the car! Whew. We left Williamsburg around 10:15 when Steven got off work. There was very little traffic and tons of state troopers on the road, so it was nice and safe. At one point, two cars flew past us when I was doing 70. They were going at least 90 or more. About 5 miles later, we saw the lead car pulled over. Then about 5 miles after that, we saw what we are pretty sure was the second car pulled over by 4 state troopers! We are guessing that the other cop called ahead and they were waiting for him.

We just got everything unloaded from the car and got everyone settled. We had to bring all of our dirty laundry because our stupid (yet awesome) washer broke. Since it is 2:30 am, I guess I better get to sleep, we have a very busy day ahead of us tomorrow.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I told Nick that you were in DC, and he immediately asked if you were coming up! I had no idea that gas was back down to $3.00; I don't get out much!

Sounds like a fun weekend! Drive carefully on the way home or those state troopers will get you!