Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Santa's DNA

This is the first Christmas that all the kids know that Santa doesn't bring the gifts. We will still have "Santa" gifts on Christmas morning, though. As always, I had someone, this year it was Mike, take the kids to the park or out somewhere, while I wrap all of the Santa gifts. I got everything wrapped while they were out, except for several clothes boxes. I figured they could come home while I was still wrapping those, since they couldn't tell what was inside.

So....I was wrapping and marking the packages with Santa's handwriting. Shauna saw me and said, "Ah-ha, now I have Santa's DNA!". It was sort of a "had to be there" moment, but funny. She meant that she had seen me writing in the fancy Santa writing and now knew for sure that there is no Santa.

No comments: