Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Steven

Steven applied for a new job and has been playing phone tag with the human resource lady for the past week or so. I talked to her today when she called, but he was at work. She is going to try to call when he is home tomorrow morning. He likes his current job, but is looking for more money and hopefully some benefits.

Steven just got home from work a few minutes ago and told me that he would like to get the new job and still keep his current job, as well. I was thinking of mentioning that he should try to keep his current job, at least part time, but I was afraid to mention it. Sometimes if something is my idea, he automatically thinks it is a bad idea! I am proud of him for being willing to work extra hours. I'm not sure how that will work out, but we will see. I would think that his current place would be happy to keep him because he is a hard worker and has done a great job of showing up and even working when he is very sick. This is the first job where he has done that, in the past he has called in sick when he just doesn't feel like going, etc. I guess he is starting to grow up a bit. Yay!

No comments: