Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

Us with the Klichs on the day we went home. I think it was July 6th, 2007.
Left to Right: Steven, Joe, Luke, Jack in the chiar and Michael Summa pointing. I think that is Cherry and Brandon (Jack's friends) in the background, but I'm not sure.

Luke and Michael Summa in the foreground, Debbie bending down and me in the chair.


Joe and Luke (pre-broken leg!)



Beautiful Oak Forest fireworks! Our favorite fireworks display.




Last year, we had a wonderful time at the Oak Forest fireworks with the Klichs and a bunch of Jack's Illinois friends. We really, really wanted to go there again this year, but with gas prices and our van only getting 13 miles per gallon, that wasn't possible. So, we went to the fireworks at Busch Gardens this year. It was sort of sucky because even though the weather channel and ABC said it wasn't going to rain, we encountered thunderstorms and it rained for at least an hour and a half.


Tricia, Tim, Chelsea, Lucas and Tatum met us there. The fireworks were, surprisingly, pretty good. They only lasted 15 minutes, which is half the time the Oak Forest fireworks last, but they were beautiful. There were several really sparkly ones, that I haven't seen before, as well as some smiley faces! I'm going to include a picture or two of the Oak Forest fireworks because I couldn't take any pics this year, due to the fact that I was busy holding a towel over my head and I didn't want to get my camera soaked!


No comments: