Saturday, July 12, 2008

911 Fun

Well, I had just finished up the last blog and I was turning the computer off. Hannah knocked on the door, which Jack had locked so she couldn't come in and hit me again. She told me that I had a phone call. I was greeted by a 911 dispatcher who told me that he had gotten a call from our house and wanted to make sure everything was okay. I told him that it must have been my daughter who was mad at me for grounding her. Okay, does this make sense, she calls 911 on me when she was the only one doing any hitting????? Anyway, I have to confirm my name, address and phone number and then he asks again, am I SURE everything is okay. No, it wasn't okay, but I didn't need the police!

I figured that they might send an officer to the house, just to make sure, so I ran downstairs to try to make the entryway presentable. They never did show up, but at least the dirty laundry is out of the foyer and back in the laundry room.

And to think this day actually started out peacefully! I had such high hopes, silly me.

No comments: