Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mystery Solved

Well, I'm back from the urgent care center. Aside from my blood pressure being 170/100, I have a pulled hamstring. I have no clue how I did it, but at least I have medication now! He put me on a muscle relaxer, ibuprofen and tylenol with codeine, so I will probably sleep the next few days away. From now on, I will feel really sorry for all those athletes that pull hamstrings. I had no clue it was this painful.

I'm sneakily looking at this as a way to get more help with housework!!! I'm going to tell the kids the truth, that the doctor said I need to rest my leg as much as possible. I'm also going to tell them that he said I have to be very careful not to slip or trip on anything and so they have to keep the floors clear at all times. Okay, he didn't say that, but I'm sure it would hurt me to slip or trip on something! I wonder if I can work it in that the doctor said I need to be in a house that has been thoroughly vacuumed and dusted??? I think I'm starting to remember the doctor saying something about spotlessly clean bathrooms, as well. Hey, maybe this pulled hamstring is a good thing, at least I will be able to invite someone in to use the bathroom without freaking out!

This does mess up my plans for the week, though. Mike is home this week, his only time off all summer, and we were planning to work on the kid's bedrooms and take the kids on a couple of local outings. I'm hoping the meds will work well enough that we can take them to the beach one day, at least.

No comments: