Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Rages

Hannah hasn't had a rage since June 11th. That was the one where I took her to the emergency room because she was beating the heck out of me and I didn't know what else to do. Jack tried to hold her and keep her off me, but she is way stronger than all of us put together when she rages. Anyway, two days after that rage, the doctor added abilify to her meds and she has been doing much better. She has actually been sweet to me a few times!

The last couple of days, she has been a little "on edge". Today she got mad because I talked to her about leaving the house without permission and not doing her daily chores first. She hit Alex, even though it was me she really wanted to hit, and then called me a bitch. Then about 15 minutes later, she hit Shauna. She only hit each of them one time, which is a huge improvement over what has happened in the past. She didn't throw or break anything, either. She removed herself to her room to calm down and I brought a dose of the abilify up there, which she took without too much arguing. When she came out of her room, she was pretty calm. Let's hope she stays that way for the rest of the night at least!

No comments: