Friday, July 11, 2008

When does school start?

Apparently, I have been holding my kids captive this summer. Well, at least that is what my 13 year old son has told me. I made some comment about the kids not hanging around the house so much and actually going outside to play and was rewarded with this comment, which was said partially under his breath, "Well, if mom wouldn't hold us captive, maybe we could go out once in awhile." Are you kidding me???????

There is nothing I would love more than all of my children being out of the house at the same time for even an hour this summer! So far, that hasn't happened. I'm holding him captive? Hmmm, that must be referring to the fact that I refuse to jump in the van (that only gets 13 miles to the gallon) and drive him and a bunch of his friends to Busch Gardens every time one of them calls. I like to plan trips to conserve gas, so if I have to go to Busch, I will attend to other errands or business I have on that side of town. My 13 year old seems to think that I just sit around the house all day, hoping for him to plan a last minute trip to the amusement park. Yeah, that's happening!

No comments: