Monday, July 21, 2008

Shakespeare Camp

Alex started Shakespeare Camp today. At 9:10, I get a phone call from the camp director (who also just happens to be one of the stars of my favorite play ever, Illyria, so I felt like I was talking to a famous person!!), asking if Alex was coming to camp. Hmmm, I told him that the last two years it started at 9:00, this year he insisted the time had been changed to 10:00. Of course, we couldn't find the paper that listed the time, but he was sure, so I believed it. Anyway, I got him there by about 9:25 and all was fine.

He really loves this camp and a really nice man that my mom knows from work, who is involved in a lot of theater here in Williamsburg, sponsored Alex for the camp. The first year (5th grade), Alex won a scholarship through his school. Last year and this year, he was sponsored. I can't wait until he gets home and tells me what part he got. At the end of the week, they are doing a shortened performance of "As You Like It". I hope he isn't disappointed in whatever role he gets, he has his heart set on the "clown" of the play, which he did very well last year as Costard. The first year he was Sebastian in "Twelfth Night".

No comments: