Sunday, January 18, 2009

Baby afghan

Well, I'm very upset to report that the original afghan that I wanted to make did not work out. I am so frustrated! I don't know if there is something wrong with me or the instructions, but I spent 9 hours working on that thing and while I finally got rows one and two to work, row three just would not come out right. I can't believe that there is something I'm not capable of crocheting. I'm so mad. I think I'm going to contact the company and see if they have updated the instructions or something because I still really want to make that afghan someday. I can usually figure them out, even if the instructions are misleading or wrong, but not this one. It is way too complicated.

I started another one, just a simple shell pattern. It's really pretty and I was able to use the same yarn, but it isn't anything exciting and I really like to make gift afghans a little fancier. Oh well, it was just not to be, I guess.

Denise, I the reason you didn't know I crocheted is because I took a break from it from the time Hannah was born until now. A couple of years ago, I crocheted each of the girls a poncho and I've done a scarf or three, but that's it. I used to crochet all the time. As a matter of fact, by the time I met Mike when I was 18, I already had 4 baby afghans made and several sweater/booty/hat sets for my future babies. I can knit, also, but I'm not as good at that because I haven't practiced as much. As a matter of fact, I crocheted Hannah's blankie, not that it is in any way recognizable as an afghan anymore! Now it looks more like something the dog spit up! I'm not joking about that, either, the dog threw something up last week and I thought it was Hannah's blankie! It was only a rope dog toy, but that goes to show how bad her blankie looks!

Ooops, I just looked up from my blogging and realized Mike's plane has left the terminal and I didn't even see it go! Sorry, Mikey, I would have waved, had I noticed. By the way, thanks for calling! :)

No comments: