Thursday, January 1, 2009

Drew's injury


Well, first Luke broke his tibia and fibula in July, 2007 and was in a cast for over 5 months. Then, I tore my hamstring in June, 2008 and am still having problems with it after almost 7 months. Now, Drew broke his collar bone and has to have surgery tomorrow. What a way to end the old year and start the new. Ugh! I just hope that Drew doesn't take as long to heal as Luke and I did.

Drew has to have a plate put in his shoulder, to reconnect the broken bone. The doctor said to picture your index fingers touching each other at the point. That is how the bone should be. Now make an uppercase "T" with your index fingers. That is how Drew's bone looks. There is a visible lump where the bone sticks out. Yuck.

Since Drew's injury, technically, was last year, I'm sure 2009 will be injury free for us!!!

No comments: