Thursday, January 22, 2009

More afghan trouble

Ugh! First I bought a pattern that didn't work, then I bought a new pattern and started work on that. Well, I thought that Mike had told me that the baby was a boy. Well, he called yesterday to tell me that the baby was a girl. Since I already thought it was a boy, I bought boy colored yarn. Now I have to start from square one! I just ordered some new pattern books since they don't have many to choose from in the stores around here. I will get new yarn once those arrive and I choose one. On the bright side, I also ordered one book that has sweater/hat/bootie sets, so if I have time before this baby is born, she might get an afghan and a sweater set. I guess one of my grandchildren will be getting the boy afghan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have crocheted a lot of baby hats, bootees, sweaters to match. My daughter gave birth to triplets, two boys, one girl. They were premature and she had contracted e-coli and they had to take the babies. They only lived part of one day. I had the two boy sets done and part of the girls, so we came home the day they died and I stayed up til the wee hours to finish the little girls. My daughter wanted to bury them in them, so I finished that one and when we got ready to dress them, she couldn't do it, so Grandma dressed those sweet things in the crocheted outfits and they were buried in them. I have done a lot for babies that lived as well.
It is a good hobby to have. Some of the patterns are very hard to follow though. Good luck with yours.

The Accidental Mommy said...

Hi- just surfing off Torina's blogroll. There is a site called knittingpatterncentral.com they have hundreds of free patterns, probably thousands of them. Hope it works out! Maybe go to yellow- green for the mystery baby!

Denise said...

Sounds like a good reason to adopt a baby boy!

Mom of 7 said...

Laura,

That is so sad. I am so sorry that your family lost those three precious babies. That is heartbreaking.

Mom of 7 said...

Denise,

I agree, but you're going to have to talk to Mike about that!