Friday, January 9, 2009

Ooooops, I did it again

A few days ago, I started another fire in the kitchen. Ugh! I only buy pop tarts about twice a year now, much to the dismay of my children, who love them. I had coupons for them that were expiring, so I bought a few packages as a back to school breakfast treat. I was toasting one of them in the toaster oven and a piece broke off. It fell to the bottom, directly onto the heating element and started to burn. I unplugged the oven, but left it closed, hoping to smother the fire. Um, that wasn't working! The fire was growing bigger. I was a getting little nervous and thinking about making some pink lemonade for the firemen, but I stayed calm and let it burn itself out, which took about 2 minutes. Luckily I was able to take the oven apart and clean all the pieces that got burned and it is none the worse for wear, but it was yet another close call.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I missed this post, too! You really are a hazard to kitchens everywhere. I think your doctor should write a script for you to get a chef. And a maid. Insurance should cover it if you doctor says that it's necessitous (my favorite word from all of our medical/insurance company dealings).